Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mmmm...Breakfast...

I love going out for breakfast! It's not often that our family goes to a restaurant for breakfast since my husband thinks it's a rip off. He's always saying that it pains him to pay for breakfast since he can make the whole meal for a fraction of what they charge. He's also famous for downing a large glass of orange juice while standing by the kitchen sink before we leave for the restaurant. There is absolutely NO WAY he will pay for a glass of juice when "we have orange juice at home."

But, every so often we do get to enjoy a breakfast out. This morning we were able to do just that with our small group from church. We went to The Blue Plate Cafe, a good ol' southern breakfast place. I had a bacon and cheese omelet, home-style potatoes, coffee, and my absolute favorite, biscuits and gravy. Not the healthiest of meals, but as you have read, it's not one that I get very often. And it was yummy! And no one in our group ordered juice.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

5 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Jer probably loves visiting us~we go out for breakfast ALMOST every Saturday. We even have "our waitress" at Schoops! :-)

Biscuits and gravy. . .mmmmmmm. . .

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

another good meal I missed... sounds like you guys had fun... James

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

I love breakfast out! It is my all time favorite - sorry jer! Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with Jeremy, but sometimes you just gotta splurge a little!!! It is nice to just do something special once in awhile.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Josh Leo said...

and the juice glasses at places like that are too small to cost so much, so i can respect that. I love breakfast too but my favorite is french toast and bacon!mmm bacon...

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Breakfast out is the BEST. I'd take it over dinner any day. I so have a taste for an omelet now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home