Thursday, June 19, 2008

Okay, Lord, I hear you loud and clear

This week has not been very good. I have been sick. I rarely get really sick and it is so frustrating when it happens. It started Sunday night with, as my mom called, the "ache-all-overs" and progressed to puking in the middle of the night with a severe headache. Needless to say, I got little sleep and was feeling horrible the next morning. Jeremy was wonderful to work at home until about 10:00, but he's so busy with work and meetings that he had to go in at that time. So, he left me on the couch with an extremely crabby (and sassy, i might add) 3 year old. All morning I was having a pity party about how Elise doesn't have a grandma or aunt in town that I could call at that last minute to send her to so I could just rest and not have to deal with her. The pity and frustration grew as her behavior got worse through the day. And then it happened. God sent me a blaring message to stop complaining and appreciate what he has given me. That afternoon, my friend Martha called to say hello. I told her how I was feeling and without hesitation, she offered (more like insisted) that I bring Elise over the next morning. A little later, I got a voicemail from Joy who had heard I was sick and was offering to take Elise for me if I needed her to. She even offered to take her to the park - and she is about to give birth and was willing to go to the park in 95 degree heat! Shortly after that, another good friend, Heather, texted me to see if I needed some ginger ale or crackers or anything else she could bring over for me - and she just had twins!!
This week has showed me 2 very important things. One, I need to be more willing to go out of my way for others and two, I absolutely have family here.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

5 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Mommy Brain said...

Sister-friends are the most valuable riches you could have in your life. Learn to share life with them and you will never be alone!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger M. Fox said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick! But what a great story. I hope I make friends like that soon! lol I'm losing my sister to Arizona and my parents will be off with the first snow to somewhere fabulous, leaving us without help! (Just in time for flu season.) Note to self: make more effort to help friends in need so the favor might be returned!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Amy said...

we were in this similar situation in february when my husband, myself, and our baby (then two months) all were very sick. it was the most frustrating feeling not being able to care for my baby. we had to rely on outside help. we also have no family here and it's very hard for me to ask for help. i am learning to do just that.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Jen said...

You've made some great friends down there in the South! I wish I had someone to watch mine so I could get sloppy. :-)

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

How cool that you have such awesome friends out there! Just be sure to take them up on the offers... and don't feel bad about it. Hope you're feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home