Friday, February 29, 2008

First Haircut

After finally growing enough hair, I took Elise for her first haircut a couple weeks ago. Nothing drastic, just a little off the back to even it out a little and give her a few bangs. A couple months before this, I got my hair cut a lot shorter so she has been infatuated with haircuts for a while and was very excited and eager to have hers done. The several days leading up to it, she kept asking me what color the scissors would be, what color the chair was, what color the cape was that she would wear, and what color hair the person had who would cut hers. I asked my stylist, David, if he ever did kid haircuts and he said yes. But, he told me he would not do it if she was crying and scared - he figures kids get freaked out enough by going to the doctor that he didn't want to be one of those people that kids were afraid of. Makes sense and I told him it wouldn't be a problem. I was correct as Elise sat like a statue the entire time quietly answering his questions with a shy "yes", "no", and "green" (answer to the favorite color question).

As he began cutting her hair, he paused and asked me, "Mom, are we saving any of this?" My response, "Am I supposed to?" I don't know, I guess I'm not sentimental enough or something, but I think it's kind of weird to save a chunk of hair. What am I going to do with it? Give it to her? Okay, then what? What does she do with it? Does anyone keep hair from the first haircut? I know I should be better about keeping track of milestones and events in her life, but I guess that is a whole different post. But, I did get some pictures so I guess I'm not that bad. Although, I have to confess that I forgot to take pictures until he was finished, so these are a little "staged", but you get the gist of it.

Before

During


After

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW it was long to start with! She looks so cute, Kim...older, though! :(
Oh, and would you think I was weird if I told you I have one of my ponytails from when I got my first haircut? I was 5 and my hair was down to my butt...chopped it off into a little pixie cut and my mom gave the ponytail to my grandma (not sure why)...grandma gave it back to me not too long ago. Strange, I know, but I don't know what to do with it now! :)

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Diane said...

She is so beautiful and how much she has grown since you moved to Wednesdays at PDO. I'm only working on Tuesdays now, so we'll have to get together soon!!!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

Oh my, I can't believe how big she is getting! They grow up way too fast. So cute. Anyway, I did save a little bit of Morgan's hair. Why? I don't really know - that is what I was told everyone does. I put it in her baby book. Looks like she enjoyed!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

You make me laugh! I kept hair from Emma's first bang cut, but only because I thought I was "supposed" to do it. You are right -- what in the world are we or they going to do with it?!

Anyway, her locks are gorgeous...before and after the cut!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home