Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Strike is Over!

No, not the WGA strike (much much much to my disappointment), but my own personal blogging strike. Not sure why I haven't posted - mostly out of laziness I guess - but I'm back for now.

Not too much new has been going on here since my last postings, but I can update on a few things. Christmas is over and we have recovered for the most part. Elise reminds us all the time if she sees anything that resembles a present, a Christmas tree, lights, etc. that she "thought Christmas was over." She is still in Christmas toy overload, but that seems to be getting better also. Note to Self: Stash some presents in the attic unopened until at least April. Additional Note to Self: Do NOT put musical instruments on Christmas list next year.

Jer has started up his classes again for the spring semester and is already knee deep in studying and working on papers and presentations. It's going to be another busy few months in our household while he is gone for class and work and I continue to neglect the house work. (The TV does not watch itself.)

Elise is back in school again (can I get an AMEN!) after her break and starts her Spanish class next week. I need to take a moment and sing the praises of her school. Not only do they take my child for 5 hours a day (1 day a week, hopefully soon to be 2 days), but they teach her things and offer extra little "classes." Last year she took an art class, Spanish class, and a cooking class. This month she will be doing Spanish again and also a tumbling class. Love this place!

And as I mentioned earlier, I continue to watch a lot of TV despite the strike, spend a lot of time socializing with friends, working with the church's women's ministry, and praying for a magical fairy to take care of the house stuff while I am out and about.

So, that's what's happening in the Kooistra household. Pretty boring. You haven't missed much due to my lack of posts, but I will do my best to keep up a little better. Hopefully, I'll have time somewhere in between watching the new poor reality shows and contemplating sorting the laundry to post some pictures.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

6 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

I am so glad you crossed the picket line. We've missed you.

And, yes, stashing presents is a must. Pretty sad that we have to do that, huh?

I am thinking about putting Emma in a Mother's Day Out program too. I think you may have just convinced me!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Glad to see you back. So Elise speaks Spanish now in addition to Southern~she's tri-lingual!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Mommy Brain said...

Welcome back, I had almost given up. Spanish class...really she's 3?? Wow! But if it gets her out of the house, I'll give it an Amen!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Diane said...

FYI--you have been missed!! I've enjoyed reading about the cymbals regularly (makes me laugh every time).
BYW--you might want to check out www.thehousefairy.org. Maybe she will visit your house too. One thing I'm learning about having ALL THESE KIDS is THEY CAN DO THE HOUSEWORK. It's been very freeing. I can prop my feet up, read a book and watch them work. And, I can justify my actions by reminding myself that my JOB is to teach my children. Teaching them to work is a very important lesson!!
Chow, I'm off to eat some bon bons while Hannah empties the dishwasher, while Clara vaccums the floor, while Noah cleans his room and while Elijah picks his nose and sticks his finger in his mouth.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Diane said...

OOPS, it was supposed to be BTW, not BYW. That's what I get for trying a short cut. Let me know what you think BYW stands for, maybe I've created a new phrase!!

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, if only I was single, I'd come be nanny/ housekeeper (only if you bought me a houseboat and I could live on the river) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home