Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Schmummer

I've read several blogs over the past few months about summer. How much they love summer. How they can't wait for summer's arrival. Lists about all the things that make summer their favorite season. All the fun things to do and places to go in the summer. The sadness they feel knowing the end of summer is not too far off. Well, not me. I hate summer. Least favorite month by far. So, here is my own list about summer.

Reasons I Dislike Summer:

*The heat - I don't like it when the temperature gets above 80 degrees. At least if I have to be outside. If it's cold out, you can always put on more clothes to be comfortable. If it's hot out, you can only take so much off before you get arrested or scare people out of their ever lovin' minds.

*The humidity - Humidity coupled with heat is a deadly combination. And here in Memphis they go hand in hand. Yucky and sticky.

*The bugs - I hate bugs. All kinds of bugs. In the summer, they are out in full force. In the south, there is only so much you can do to keep them away. They are everywhere and they are gross. And big. They could eat a small pet.

*Buying ice cream at the store - it melts before I get it home.

*Kids - They're everywhere. At the mall. At the grocery store. The restaurants. Target. The movies theaters.

*The School Schedule - Elise is still young enough that this doesn't affect me, but it does with several friends. Everything seems to come to a standstill until Fall.

*Trying to explain to Elise why she has to go to bed while it's still light outside

*Having Elise wake us up early because it's light outside

Well, that's my list. Feel free to add to it. Elise and I are heading up North for a while. I'm looking forward to escaping this Memphis heat! I will leave you with some pictures of someone who seems to be enjoying her summer.






Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

7 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, I love your list! I completely agree with you. The only time summer is fun is if I'm in a swimsuit by a pool or beach on some island. Nashville heat/humidity is just as bad as Memphis, and I've seen bugs here that I never even knew existed. And where did all these kids come from?? Hurry, fall, hurry. :)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Sharaze Colley said...

Such cute photos!

Mike is on board with you and the summer hate. He's been grumbling since, like, April about how miserable he is and how he wants to move somewhere that would almost certainly kill me because I HATE BEING COLD. lol. Hurrah for temperature incompatibility!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I am not an ardent fan of summer either. Dont' really love the cold winter. I wish it could be October forever. I love the change of seasons.

That said, I would HATE summer in the South, bless your heart.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. I like the lack of coat, but trying to put sunscreen on two moving targets is getting old.

Enjoy your trip!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Holding my Breath said...

I hope you're enjoying your trip north. I know you will be jealous to hear that we just had a lovely rain about 30 minutes ago here in Memphis.
I just checked the temp and in 30 minutes the temp swished up to 91 and feels like 108 with the humidity.

Ahhhh, when it's this hot the bugs just stick to you!

Thank you for the Elise pics!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Joymes said...

I think you need some light blocking curtains for Elise's room.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Doug and Jill Pierce said...

I'm with ya, girl! Looks like you've escaped at the right time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home