Sunday, March 18, 2007

Wait...What did she just say?

We went out for lunch with some friends today. Our first choice of restaurants was closed, so we walked over to a new place none of us had ever been before. We walked in and almost everyone looked up at us like we were drifters who had wandered into town and obviously didn't know this wasn't a place for people like us. We confidently walked to the back where there were two empty tables. As we were putting the tables together so we could all sit together, the waitress comes out of the back, stops as soon as she sees us, and says, "C'mon...are y'all serious?" We all looked at each other wondering if she had actually said that out loud. She did. We left.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

9 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry I missed the lunch fun! I was probably in Alabama or maybe even Mississippi when you guys where eating... Ugghh what a weekend! Now is when I need a blog to tell about my big travel adventure from the Northeast.... JAMES

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

What??? That is crazy! Were these people part of some underground secret society??? I have never heard of a good business minded person rejecting a sale - they must not have been around long or won't.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Mommy Brain said...

Don't you just love it when people are so rude they make you laugh! We have gotten a reaction similar to that from waitresses when we walk in with 4 kids...of course we are thinking the same thing! = )

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Jen said...

What happened to Southern hospitality?!

We got that at a Waffle House at 4am with 2 kids and me preggers. We were on the way home from Hilton Head and obviously the only the only sober folks in the joint!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger kkoois said...

you don't sound real sober right now, jen...

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Okay, so my question is this...Where was this? As a local (though not native Mephian), my curiosity is getting the better of me.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Okay, so I know I can't spell!! It's Memphian, not Mephian. I'm only on my first cup of joe.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. what kind of crowd was it
2. how did you respond after she said that? you just got up and left?
3. isn't that illegal or something?
4. I wish you had it on video...

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

That is crazy! I have to know more. Any idea why you guys were so out of place?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home