Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Zoo Deal

I am writing to sing the praises of a Memphis Zoo Membership. Several of my friends have one and talk about how often they go to the zoo. I like the zoo, but my feeling is once you've seen one monkey, you've seen 'em all. So, I was skeptical at how many times I would go and whether or not it would be worth it. I decided to go ahead and take the leap of faith and purchase one. It cost me $99. This includes, free parking, free admission for all three of us, free admission for one additional guest, 15% off all gift shops, special invitations for all zoo events, free admission to any exhibit that charges extra, and our own express line for admission. This is good for one whole year and they claim if you go to the zoo more than two times, you come out ahead. This must be true since the admission prices are outrageous in my opinion.

Anyways, we went today with my friend Jen and her two kids. We had a great time and Elise loved seeing all the animals. She is really getting to a great age for the zoo. And since the zoo is only about 10 minutes away and I can go as many times as I want and not feel like I need to stay all day and to see every single one of God's living creatures in the place to get my money's worth. We stayed for about 2 hours, met Jer for lunch and then went home for nap time. It was great! I can go back anytime, see the things I missed and not sweat the price.

So, there you have it. I'm sold. Looking forward to a great zoo season!

Stay tuned tomorrow for some fun pictures. (Let's just say that a lot of kids almost got a very graphic education thanks to some frisky giraffes.)

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Jen said...

So Tim's name will be Jeremy and we'll have oodles of animal fun!!!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

Yes, please send those pics!!! Funny you mention the zoo, because that is exactly what Kyle and I were planning on doing Monday! I think it is a great idea and an easy way to get Elise outside. Kids never get sick of watching the animals! Morgan and I just went to all the pet stores yesterday around our house and it was like going to a mini zoo! We had lots of fun.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

I just got something in the mail about joining the zoo. Wish ours was a little closer -- that's probably the only way you can really get the use out of it. Now where are those photos???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home