Monday, June 12, 2006

Remembering...

You know those people who say they don't remember what their lives were like before their kids were born? Well, they're weird. I REMEMBER! And I have never forgotten. I remember running errands and not having to leave the store early because your kid is screaming and others giving you the evil eye because you obviously don't have control over your own kid - like the looks I USED to give. I remember not having to worry about what to do with the kid if you wanted to go out to eat with your husband. I remember sleeping in on Saturday mornings. I remember being able to sit down at the computer and not have someone pinching the fat on the underside of my arm to get my attention (which is happening as I type this). I remember going to the bathroom without someone knocking on the other side of the door. I remember being able to have a couple drinks with my husband at night and not worry about who would drive to the hospital in case of an emergency - nevermind, scratch that one - that's what ambulances are for. I remember when I was my husband's favorite girl. I remember when I was the only princess in the house. I remember...

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

7 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger i am not said...

wait - she knocks on the door when you're going to the bathroom? She is ultra-advanced. I don't get knocks, I get children and dogs busting open the door without hesitation or warning...

I am one of whom you speak - I hardly remember those times. Its been a while since I was the favorite girl in the house and to be honest, I've never had the honor of being a princess to anyone. You'll reclaim those honors at some point... give it time. She'll start smoking soon or doing something that will knock her down a few notches.

And I do need to rub it in that we'll have babysitters sooner than you will. In a year or two we'll be able to go out for drinks on a saturday night and leave the kids home by themselves;)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Josh Leo said...

yeah just hire a smoking babysitter to influence elise and then all problems will be solved!

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are still my favorite girl.

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cry cry cry

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Mommy Brain said...

Kim your friends are so kind! I'm with jd...I can't remember the last time I actually went to the bathroom with the door closed...I've drawn the line with the dog though...it can not come into the bathroom when I'm in there. Just a word of encouragement...nothing is as exhausting as parenting a 1-2 year old...it will get better...or different.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm with Jana and Christine here too. I was never anyone's princess and I don't even remember how to pee without someone on my lap.

Nothing like having your own screaming one-year-old to knock you down a few!

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger one hot momma said...

Hi Kim,
Loved this post! My first thought as I was reading it was, I'm at the point where I'm remembering what it was like because my kids are getting older! This is too a bit scary!
I still to this day don't have a bathroom door that closes when I'm peeing...the only time it closes is when I'm trying to escape and talk on the phone to my girlfriends, this is when I take the dog in there with me! I truly believe she needs to escape in there with me! We never really do escape tho, they are always knocking and asking why the door is closed anyway! I do like to pretend tho, sometimes I get so caught up in the pretending that I forget I'm on the phone and actually flush! OOPS! I'm out on that one now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home