Monday, May 08, 2006

Gross

If you had to change a baby's dirty diaper while you were out in public, wouldn't you go find a bathroom with a changing station? Or a bathroom with a countertop? Or at the very least find a dark corner where no one could see you? I would. But, as you can probably guess, I encountered someone who didn't. I was at the mall the other day with my friend and as we were walking past JC Penney's, a woman was changing her child's diaper right there on the nice white public bench in front of the store. I didn't get a great look because I didn't want to gawk as I passed by, but I'm almost certain it was a dirty one because there was all kinds of wiping action going on. I was a little disgusted by this. This is the same bench that I have sat on before to wait for a friend. The same bench that someone sits to enjoy a cup of coffee. The exact spot a tired shopper sits to rest with his packages. And there this lady is, using this spot as her personal changing table. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but I thought she could have at least had the courtesy to walk the 50 feet into the department store and use their restrooms. Next time I go to sit on a bench, I will take a good look before I sit down.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Josh Leo said...

Poopy Bench...ewww. I agree, let's have some decency people. Let's maintain the privacy and reputation of our little ones. Let's not put their little poop-covered naked bodies on display in public places!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger i am not said...

How about it. Okay I'm with you on the not wanting to sit on the bench, but really, what was the mother thinking displaying her baby's privates for the mall to see? Was the diaper change really that urgent that she couldn't find a discreet location? Did she think EVERYONE wanted to smell the latest accomplishment? Yuck, Kim. So sorry you had this experience.

Lets keep the privates private and the benches for resting after a long, hard day of shopping.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Jen said...

EEWWWW. . .Even after three kids I have not gone that far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home