Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Here Goes Nothing...

I am getting adventurous in my old age and I am going to try something new tomorrow. I am taking Elise to storytime at the local library for kids between the ages of 1-2. I know, you are thinking "big freakin' deal." Well, for me it is. I have my moments when I am feeling very outgoing and willing to meet and talk to anyone, but that doesn't happen very often. If I do something like this, I usually recruit a friend to go with me, but since I don't have any friends here with kids within that age range (or kids at all) I will have to tough it out on my own. I thought about inviting my friend Joy to come with me since she has some time off work and will be home during the day, but then I thought it might appear that she is my "partner" if you get what I mean. That might make it uncomfortable for other mother's there to meet me. So, I will go it alone tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

14 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to tell you I would go and could be like a scope-out/ spy there...( or we could think of someones kid to borrow for me) but I have a haircut appt at 10:30 tommorrow! I know you will do just fine.... just be wonderful you and all the moms will want to meet you and Elise. Humm... I wonder if Elise will meet any little boy- friends... he he. Tell Jeremy to watch out!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow. . .I'm impressed. Have fun and follow my Mommy Dating Tips. :-)

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Mommy Brain said...

Remember the expectation/reality formula...it will save you from misery! I'm with you...I think of myself as a pretty outgoing gal...but I hate friend shopping! It has to be done though your days are too long not to have someone to hang with other than Elise! Good Luck!

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger i am not said...

There will never be a friend as good as me. Don't even try to replace me - you just can't. And if you happen to find that new BFF, I don't want to hear about her - nothing, not her name, not her child status, not what kind of coffee she drinks. NADA.

If you moved home, you wouldn't have to go to the library - I would read Elise some books and you could try the Mommy Dating Tips out on me. I'd even let you buy me coffee.


PS - I will NEVER clean your toilets. Sorry:)

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you defind a best friend?

I think it is someone who you can jest walk in their house, grab a beer, sit down and watch TV.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Tim, HoW many beersh dId you jest grab and DoWn befour yoush defind a beshtesht besht freend.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many beers where there in you frig becuuussee IIIIIIII Loossst cccounnt bbbuurrrpppp? Doug are you sill in the doghouse?

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James started laughing really hard about the "they may think she is my partner part..."

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Josh Leo said...

I laughed really hard at biermadoc's response to Tim... have fun and don't forget the goldfish crackers

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jen said...

So, how'd it go?

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Carol said...

hey, Tim. You can walk into my house anytime and grab a beer and watch TV! C'mon over!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger i am not said...

HOw did it go? Did you meet a new BFF? You can tell me, really. I won't drive over there and poke her eyes out.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it when bad so now you have to come down to bff JD

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger one hot momma said...

did anyone understand the comment by anonymous?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home