Friday, August 25, 2006

Somebody get me some earplugs

Anyone who knows me knows I can't sing. And I don't mean that I'm a just little off key but can fake it somewhat. I can't sing AT ALL! I am completely tone deaf. But, I like to sing along with my favorite songs on the radio, sing praises in church, and sing to Elise while I'm rocking her. I can turn the radio up loud and barely hear myself alone in my car, and the music in our church is so loud no one could hear me even if I wanted them to. And when I sing to Elise no one cares because there is no one around besides a 21 month old to judge and criticize my lack of musical ability, right? WRONG. I can hear me. And I am horrible. Awful. Dreadful. You must be a bad if you can't stand to even listen to yourself sing with no one around.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

7 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Maybe you could just download some beautiful lullabies from i-tunes and play them to Elise on your MP3 player and lip synch. She may grow up thinking her mom has a voice like Barbara Streisand!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Welcome to my world. Caroline told me to "Sing quieter" in church.

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flashback: "...and I don't know how you do it...making looooove out of nothing at all...makin love...out of nothing at all...makin love..." and on and on and on. I SO thought of you when I was watching "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and Brad Pitt started singing this in the car chase scene. Sorry, Kim...I think you're right. :)
BTW: I got your message...thanks for calling me! Yesterday was busy, and today might be the same, but I'll call you back soon...it's hard to find time to talk in this house! :)

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can sing load as you want around me, maybe then you can hear my singing.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger i am not said...

I can honestly say that in 12 years I have never heard you sing... and I'm pretty certain that I don't want to:)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

How very candid of you! I admit though I fall into that category. I often like to think when I am singing in church that God makes the sound that comes out of my mouth pleasing becuase I am worshiping Him. However, I often get weird looks from my husband!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Oh, Kim, I feel your pain. I so wish I could sing, but I can't... AT ALL. Emma gets off-key version of Jesus Loves Me before every nap, but somehow still drifts off into sleep. Maybe it's so she doesn't have to listen anymore! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home