Friday, July 28, 2006

Heading Up North

Well, I will be signing off for a while as we are heading up north for a week to visit family and friends. I am really looking forward to it (not so much the 8 hour car ride with Elise). I love to go back home and spend time with everyone that I miss so much. The flip side to that is, I get comfortable back in my hometown and want to start looking for job listings for my husband. Then, we get back to Memphis and I start focusing on all the things I don't like about it and how much I want to move back home. But, I guess that is something I need to work on - being content where the Lord has me.

Anyways, I hear rumors of a Dutch Blogging Girls get together. If the rumors are false, maybe I will take this opportunity to invite myself and JD over anyways. (Hint, Hint, Mommy Brain, Decker Family, Ettema Family, And Then She Said. And I strongly encourage Did I Just Say That? to join us as well.)

On a more serious note, we have to make an unexpected trip up to Grand Rapids, MI while we are in Chicago. My grandpa, Harvey Klingeman, passed away the other night. He had been sick for a long time and this was somewhat expected, but he seemed to have been doing well lately and was found in his house. This is not going to be easy for my family and especially my aunts and uncle as we have all endured some painful times over the recent years. My mother's death was extremely hard on everyone and then my grandma died just a few months after that. This was so hard on my grandpa, but I was so proud of how he handled it all. I will miss him dearly. Good bye, Grandpa, we love you.

So, have a great week everyone, and hopefully I will be seeing some of you. And for those 1 or 2 people who read this that I won't see, I will be back in about a week!

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

9 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger i am not said...

Very, very dangerous for you and Jer to be coming here. When you come over for coffee you may never be able to leave my house. I am having bars and many deadbolts installed as I type. I will hold you hostage until Jer finds a job here and the house next door goes up for sale and you guys close on it. Elise, of course, is welcome to also be a hostage, however, we can't afford the extra diapers and food, so as part of the hostage negotiations Jer can have someone smuggle that stuff in through the chimney... Just warning you.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger one hot momma said...

I'm all for the blogging girls get together! Let us know when you're up for it. I'm sorry about your grandpa. Isn't it great to know he's with your mom and grandma now! Remembering that is what helps me each day. Can't wait to meet you!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger one hot momma said...

ok JD I know you're out there! Are you ready to spill it yet about the picture and the secret project? We're all waiting...PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim-

So sorry to hear about your grandpa.

I hope your trip and the long ride goes well with Elise. Have fun in Chicago!

See you when you get back.... I'll be back tonight, so looks like I will just miss you. Joy

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I looked for his obituary in the paper, but didn't find it. When is the funeral/visitation? Let me know when you'll be in town. I'd love to stop by to see you if there's time. Call me if you can't get to the computer before you go (616-554-3319).
Sorry I'll miss the Dutch Blogging Girls get together 1) because it's not here in MI, and 2) I'm not Dutch...I totally would have invited myself along, though! LOL! :) Have a good trip. And Elise, be a good little traveler, ok???

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Hey, Kim. I can't wait to get together with you soon. I've been saving jello boxes for Elise. I thought she may like to try the tampon boxes, too, as well as the tampon flying machines. So sorry about your grandpa. Jen's had a lot of death and grief lately, too. My sympathy to both of you. Praying for your safe travel as well. I would love to help you search for job openings for Jer...and like I told your sister, there is a house 3 doors down going up for sale in the fall. It has 4 bedrooms, full finished basement, indoor hot tub spa, and outdoor above ground pool with heater. Neighbors 3 doors down are the greatest.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Mommy Brain said...

Kim~ Sorry to hear about Grandpa...can't wait for you to come out, I've never met Elise and I so excited. I think the last time we saw each other you were DINK's living in a coool apt downtown over looking the river. Hope you have a safe trip.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Kary said...

Kim~I really hope I get to meet you. After talking to Jen all these years I feel like I already know you~so we can skip all that getting to know you chit-chat and move on to the better stuff. Have a safe ride, and our family will be praying for yours.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you home yet??? (Tues 8/8):)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home