Thursday, November 09, 2006

"Mother of the Year" I am not - #2

Last night I laid awake in bed listening to my child make a pitiful, sleepful whining noise off and on for a couple hours. It was not a true cry - it just seemed like maybe she was dreaming or uncomfortable and would eventually fall back asleep. I knew if I got up to check on her, she would not let me go back to bed without her screaming because I dared leave her alone while she was awake. So, I opted to let her work it out on her own and she did finally quiet down.

At 8:00 this morning, she was still not awake so I went in to get her up and ready to leave the house. As soon as I walked into her room, I knew that I should have gotten up with her last night. There was my sweet little girl sleeping in a large dried puddle of her own vomit.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

5 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Josh Leo said...

Puke! fun!... Kid's got to learn that puking aint nothing big sometime... better now then when she throws her first Kegger! haha... oh kim... you and your neglectful parenting... we can just throw her on the putting green in South Carolina right? she can just hang out with the tiny alligators and fish all week?

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Kim...I must tell you that you are NOT the only one who has done that. And the guilt afterwards is HORRIBLE! (She and Adam won't remember that happening will they???)

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear my title is not in jepoardy. Greta slept in poo Tuesday night. A lot of poo.

Poor Elise~hope she's better for her birthday!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Poor baby... and poor Mommy. An honest mistake! Hopefully she doesn't have the stomach flu that's been going around out here. Keep us posted on how she's feeling!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger i am not said...

I must definitely be the mother of the year because I changed two beds worth of vomit sheets last night... and a pillow, and two sets of pajamas, and some stuffed animals. Very pleasant. And now I swear I smell it everywhere I turn - oh, I won't be able to win the award because I did not bathe the vomitting beauties in the middle of the night even though they both had it in their hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home