Monday, November 20, 2006

No time to chat...

...busy busy here. We are busy preparing for BFWW's visit for Thanksgiving. And I am soooooooooooooooo excited that they are coming! We are working on getting the house clean and planning our Thanksgiving Day menu which consists of 11 side dishes (with the possibility of 12) along side our 22.53 pound turkey named "Yummy the Large." (don't ask, we always name our turkeys...) Along with BFWW and family, we are hosting friends, Joy and James, so all together we will have 6 adults and 4 young children. Yes, you are correct, that is a TON of food, but you can never have too many leftovers.

But, enough chit chat. I have to get back to it so I can have everything ready for their arrival. I will be sure to post after the weekend about how much food and fun we had.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

9 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Carol said...

You, too! Have a great time with BFWW and friends and family.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I wanna come!! Sounds so fun. Hugs to Yummy the Whatever. Poor birdie.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Wow, you are one brave girl. I'm thankful I'm still only on side dish and/or appetizer duty. Not sure I'm ready for a whole meal. I hope it all goes well with Mr. Yummy!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger kkoois said...

i think i better clarify about the amount of food i am actually preparing. i am only preparing the turkey and about half of the side dishes. joy and james will be preparing all the others and desserts. i didn't want to take credit for anything that i would not be involved in...

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We MUST see pics!!! Have a great time!!!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger i am not said...

Oh there will be pictures.

But I'm not sure we can share them on the internet:)

I have been salivating since I talked to you yesterday and you gave me the menu. I have also bragged about the menu to several people since then. It is going to be the absolute best thanksgiving meal I have ever had in my entire life and will be for the rest of my life to come. It will be an event to never forget!

I canNOT wait until this weekend! You're going to look at Jer on Friday and say "How long are they staying?" and setting your alarm for Sunday morning to shove us out the door, but the first day will be fun:)

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger i am not said...

PS - Yummy the Large - you're going down, boy. Plug your nose because you've got a 10 hour brine bath to look forward to.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jen said...

What?!? No "Juiciest Turkey Ever" Recipie?

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright: It's Sunday night...Jana has gone home. WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?!?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home